The Nashville Outlaws extended its winning streak to four games last night when they hammered Chillicothe, 13-4 at VA Memorial Stadium on Wednesday evening. With the win, Nashville improved to 9-8 while the loss dropped Chillicothe to 14-4.
Here are a few notes from Nashville’s win over Chillicothe on Wednesday.
* Nashville pounded out 16 hits in the game. The 16 hits is the second most hits recorded by the Outlaws in a single game this summer. Nashville collected 19 hits against the Paints in a 16-5 win back on June 11th at Hawkins Field.
* Johnny Amann (Judson) had a career night, going 3-for-5 with 6 RBI including a 3-run double and 2-run home run. The homer was Amann’s first of the year. Amann entered Wednesday’s game with four RBI in his first 16 games, before driving in six last night.
* Bryan Johns (Vanderbilt) made his Outlaw season debut, finishing 1-for-3 with 3 hit-by-pitch and a team best 4 runs scored from the lead-off spot.
* Billy Rumpke III (Columbia) went 3-for-4 with a pair of runs scored out of the No. 9 hole.
* Catcher Drew Fann (Vanderbilt) went 2-for-5 with 2 runs scored while Greg Bachman (Austin Peay) continued to swing a hot bat, going 2-for-5 with a run scored.
*Matthew Fitton (Sacred Heart), Wes Alsup (UT-Martin) and Kevin Crumb (Buffalo) were sharp in relief as they combined to throw seven-innings of scoreless relief. The trio surrendered only three hits while fanning eight and walking three.
* Andy Hillis (Tennessee) allowed four runs on four hits in two innings of work to earn the no-decision in what was his shortest outing of the year.